HW: Walthamstow Review

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Sun Dec 15 05:07:20 EST 2002

Hello Ian

Many thanks for this wonderful review.

Maybe I can add some comments

Indeed it was an event I will never forget.
Met lot of great folks like
You (Ian Abrahams), Colin Allen, Jill Strobridge, Mike Holmes, Keith
Henderson, Eric Siegerman, Nick Lee, Julie and Merrick French, Ian
Fergusson, Denis Regenbrecht and his sister, Alan Taylor, Arin Comins (you
are great!!), Rich Warren, Ben Fagin, Rob Ailing (from Voiceprint), Rik
Richardson, Anna and Gary Corderoy (great to meet you again), Alfred
Koessl, Hugo Rignoir and all the great friends I have forgotten to mention
here. Rainer Wangler and Andreas Stuewe made with me the long journey from
Germany

Most of these folks (like the band members) stayed in the same hotel.
Great feeling to stay in the same hotel like the captain and his crew and
have together breakfast.

The gig was not their best but OK. I liked it. SPIRIT OF THE AGE and
WATCHER were the highlights.
Crystal clear sound!! Congratulations to the folks behind the mixing desk!!
Well done!

Here is the track list (100 minutes)
intro / earth calling / aerospaceage Inferno / angels of death / out of the
shadows / time captives  / master of the universe / gremlin / time
confusion / hurry on sundown / lighthouse / watcher / hassan i sahba /
space is their / hassan i sahba / you shouldn't do that  / earth calling /
sonic attack /spacebrock / paranoia / silver machine / spirit of the age

No Huw, no Simon. Both ill. The band played very good. Lot of guitar
working by Dave. Richard played great this evening. Hawkwinds best ever
drummer! Alan did a great job during WATCHER and Tim during LIGHTHOUSE.
Arthur has a great voice. Very interesting to see him performing with the band

Now to the party:
Most of the folks who stayed with us in the hotel were invited.
What a great oppurtunity to meet the band and the whole crew.
Had the chance to speak to the Captain and exchange lot of interesting
informations with all the folks around us.

Made lot of pics with my digi-cam

We all had a great time

Bought Canterbury 2001 double CD which was offered by Rob from Voicepring.
This CD is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! A fantastic HAwkwind gig with a very
interesing track list. Great sound. Hawkwind at their best

It is my Top-10 Hawkwind live gig

Hope to see you all again very very soon !!!

Bernhard