HW: Walthamstow, everybody recovering?

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Mon Dec 16 06:03:00 EST 2002

Hi y'all,

Managed to get to both Brighton & Walthamstow & was a very happy
bunny!

Thought they played equally well at both venues but found the
acoustics more pleasing at the latter gig, the Brighton venue was good
in itself for it's more intimate atmosphere. As someone pointed out the
crowd were 'well up for it'.

Replicating opinions from previous postings I thoroughly enjoyed Mr.
A. Browns contribution on the vocals - what a wonderful set of lungs
he has... not to mention his 'playfull' presence on stage (was that a
black & decker drill he was waving about?) & I don't think I have seen
Tim Blake quite so animated before, half naked & gyrating with his
organ!! We have labelled him the new sex symbol of HW (well you
guys don't havethe female dancers anymore....).

Both gigs were a lot more 'metal' sounding than I have become
accustomed to of late but since I am born out of the heavy rock era
was quite happy playing with my air guitar. It's a shame (for me) that
Huw wasn't able to play as I am a massive fan of his riffy guitar but
realise that the set seemed a lot 'tighter' without some of his less
controlled 'wanderings'.

Thank you Hawkwind for 2 more memorable evenings...

Maxine