Hawkwind request discussion continued

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Dec 16 09:03:43 EST 2002

Michael Blackman writes:

> what if........ a BIG tour was on the drawing board..... say perhaps a =
> world tour that quite possibly be funded by (whomever) under the =
> provision that the recording was limited to an official recording.
> Well hey - these things dont happen for free.  The engineers gotta be =
> paid - the auditorioums need up front guaratees of ticket sales and  the =
> cleaners gotta be paid.  They sure as aint gonna work for free.  SO WHY =
> SHOULD HAWKWIND WORK FOR FREE. =20
> niche!!

I'm quite happy to say that I won't trade for any tapes involving new
tracks until I've already paid for the album and DVD that those new tracks
appear on. I'd far rather have an album and DVD than audience tapes.

That's a different proposition than banning live tapes of stuff that's
already out, though I'll also promise not to trade in tapes of tracks of
which I haven't already bought every single official version.

FoFP