HW: Walthamstow Review

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 19 17:14:01 EST 2002

Phew - 5 days and 481 emails later!   I guess I'm the last to get back.
Firstly greetings and thanks to Kris, Dave and the band - they were
terrific.    I was a bit worried about hearing Arthur Brown with the
band for the first time since I'd not not had a chance to get used to
hearing his vocals with Hawkwind lyrics but I thought he was just
perfect - not too agressive but energetic and manic enough to bring a
strange power to the tracks.   I hope he enjoyed himself - and I really
hope he reappears on any future tour!    I just wish I'd been able to
see more than one show - but there it is 8-(     Grateful thanks though
to Kris and Dave for their sympathy!   Kris - I'm sorry I couldn't
manage to get over but my godson seemed to appreciate my extended visit
in London so it was a compensation.

Alan, Arin, Richard, Ian, Gary, Anna, Merrick, Julie, Bernhard - oh
hey - everyone!!   It was wonderful to meet up with so many folk and I
hope everyone has managed to return home safely and successfully enjoyed
doing whatever they were going to do.

Now for a silent winter (relieved only by Canterbury 2001 - hooray) and
hopefully a less silent spring.

cheers
jill

PS - 7 minutes by plane from Bristol Airport to Cardiff Airport = 3
hours by bus.  No.  You don't want to hear the story 8-)