HW: favorite tracks off Hawkwind's "Chronicle Of The Black Sword"

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sun Dec 22 15:11:07 EST 2002

Just thought I had to post my top 10 fave tracks in
order of favorites off this album, as I am a fanatic
about it:

1. Elric
a rockin' heavy metal tune about prince Elric and his
black vampire blade Stormbringer, "Murmuring in a
scabbard cold" next to him seated on the Dragon
Throne!

2. Shade Gate
a nice fantasy piece recalling the adventurous fantasy
settings and atmosphere of the Elric books

3. Arioch
ripping acid drenched death/speedmetal chronicling the
Lord of Chaos himself

4. Assault & Battery (live)
An immortal biker theme for the Hell's Angels and the
free and feudal spirit of Hawkwind

5. Needle Gun
A rocking Hawkwind boogie that sounds like an evil
sounding ZZ Top, chronicling Elric's other incarnation
Jerry Cornelius

6. Sea King
Huw Lloyd-Langton's chronicle of the Sailor On The
Seas of Fate

7. Song Of The Swords
Brock's opening assault of warrior bravery and evil
vampire swords Stormbringer and Mournblade forever
interlinked in a pact of chaos and law

8. Sleep Of A Thousand Years
Elric's cousin/lover Zarozia's magickal sleep

9. Horn Of Destiny
As Elric blows the horn the world ends

10. Chaos Army
The onmarching massive monster mutation hordes of
Chaos invading from hellish dimensions

Chr.