HW: Simon King and Mike Moorcock

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Fri Feb 1 15:08:01 EST 2002

Steve Wrote:

>The Bohemian Love In did happen, I know cos I went.. :) (The ticket had a tiny
>dot printed on it with the instruction "lick here")
>
>Sphynx, Tanz Der Youth, Steve Tooks Horns.. that's all I can remember about it
>tho.. Definitely no Damned..

I wasn't there but, Moorcock deals with this event in some detail in the interview at the back of 'The Illustrated Collectors Guide to Hawkwind' Here's a brief quote - "The only problem with that gig was that we were ahead of The Damned but we had to use their equipment....."
Interesting...
In the same interview he also says of KoS "... Kings of Speed was actually written for New Worlds Fair but was just left off because we didn't have room for it... I didn't specifically write [it] for Hawkwind."

Mick