HW: Simon King and Mike Moorcock

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Feb 1 18:59:11 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:28:45 +0000, Steve Pond <Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK> wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:08:01 GMT, you sent through the ether:
>
>> Here's a brief quote - "The only problem with that gig was that we
>>were ahead of The Damned..."
>
>He probably meant Tanz Der Youth with a freshly ex. Damned Brian James on
>Guitar.. trust me, I was a huge Damned fan at the time and had they been
>there I would have noticed. :)

Aha!  That would explain the discrepency.  Although I'd think that
confusing Al Powell (Tanz Der Youth drummer) with Rat Scabies (Damned
drummer) would be rather difficult ... (the fact that bassist Andy Coulquon
didn't wear a nurse's dress - and kept his clothes on [unlike a certain
Captain] - might have also been a clue).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com