OFF: space rock?

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 4 21:46:49 EST 2002

In a message dated 2/4/02 5:30:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, youless at LVCM.COM
writes:

> In 1985 in a record shop in Santa Cruz, California, I spotted a copy of the
> Hawklords 25 Years 12-inch single.  They put a tag on it that said "Yes
> meets the Dead Boys", which is pretty accurate when you think about it.
>
> Steve

except that it was "Armchair Hawkwind"...  :)

...still, not a bad record at all!

...as for the Space-Rock thing, the Silver Apples released their first LP in
'68, a year after Floyd, but still, anyone think it fit the bill? Maybe not
the lyrics, and no jamming (though I have no idea what their gigs were like
at the time...assuming they even played), but the overall sound, yep...

Chuck