OFF: Mantric Muse

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Feb 5 04:25:59 EST 2002

Hey...

What can you folks tell me about Mantric Muse?  I've just heard a couple of
their tracks from Jerry's show on the upcoming Copenhagen SpaceRock Fest
(which looks to be a real, what you call it?, corker?), and was quite
impressed.  Very Ozric-y, Delerium-label type stuff - impressive swirly
effects and lovely 'circular' guitar licks.  I won't bring up the 'what's
the point if they sound so much like Band X' (or should I say Group X?). :)

I like them, and they do sound like they have some point to being.

So...the usual questions....what's available, what label, where from, LP or
CD, out-of-print or not, who has it (AG?).

That's all....Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Is anybody here planning to go see the Nektar reunion at NEARFest
(Trenton, NJ) last weekend of June?  All original members, plus Larry Fast
and lighting guy Mick Brockett.  The new album (which only featured Roye and
Taff, but still considered "Nektar") leaves a little to be desired (though
it's not horrible), but I guess they'll be pretty much doing a retro
dinosaur show there, with a big RtF spiel and (I'm hoping) some stuff from
the first album.

P.P.S.  I was listening to Genesis' 'Saving England by the Pound' the other
day (just to remind myself how average this band was), and noticing that
there are several mentions of a 'Liquid Len' in the lyrics.  So is that
coincidence, and if not, who came first?  This is a 1973 album I think, so
probably a 1972 recording.