HW:Lyrics Question

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Feb 5 16:44:15 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:32:14 -0000, mark von bargen <mark.von-
bargen at GENIEONE.CO.UK> wrote:
>Been a fan for more than 25 years now and there is now more that I don't
>know about this band than i ever knew in the first place.
>
>One question bugs me. Anybody know the story behind the words to FESTIVAL
>from the Alien4 album. If I remember correctly they were also printed on
>the cover of a previous album?! Its not as if theyr'e a bunch of words
>that were just thrown together. There must be a story and I get the gist
>that its something to do with hassles on the festival scene. Anybody know
>any more?

If you've been a fan for 25 years, you must know what happened at
Stonehenge in 1985 ("Battle of the Beanfield")?  Some relavent links I ran
across include (some have HW/Nik/TAT references):
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9000/scfestiv.htm
http://tash.dns2go.com/Vtape-main_320x240_RM.htm
http://www.greenleaf.demon.co.uk/h850601.htm
http://www.earthlydelights.co.uk/netnews/wally.html
http://www.spectacle.co.uk/syn_solstice.html
http://www.gn.apc.org/tash/shenge_diary1988_1.htm

I'm sure that some folks on the list that attend the "commercial" festivals
(Glastonbury etc.) these days can fill you in on some of the hassles with
those.

I remember seeing an interview with Dave somewhere where he was asked about
the song ... I'll try to dig that up, if I can ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com