HW:Lyrics Question

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Tue Feb 5 17:19:50 EST 2002

I seem to remember reading a report about a free festival in Brighton in
around '90 when the band were attacked on stage and some of their gear and
van turned over by a gang of crusties. Given HW's dedication to the free
festival scene over the years that may go some way to explaining the lyrics.
Anyone else remember this, or even have the clipping?  It may well be in one
of  Trev's 'zines (more likely one of the Stonehenge/free festi type ones
rather than a HW one).  I'll have a look sometime soon.

Nick
----- Original Message -----
From: "mark von bargen" <mark.von-bargen at GENIEONE.CO.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:32 PM
Subject: HW:Lyrics Question

Hi,

Been a fan for more than 25 years now and there is now more that I don't
know about this band than i ever knew in the first place.

One question bugs me. Anybody know the story behind the words to FESTIVAL
from the Alien4 album. If I remember correctly they were also printed on the
cover of a previous album?! Its not as if theyr'e a bunch of words that were
just thrown together. There must be a story and I get the gist that its
something to do with hassles on the festival scene. Anybody know any more?

Mark