OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 5 20:15:49 EST 2002

In a message dated 2/5/02 7:27:56 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

<<
> The Ramones
> Talking Heads
> Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
> Isaac Hayes
> Brenda Lee
> Gene Pitney

===================
In Baseball, for _their_ hall of fame, the players must be retired for at
least 5 years, before their candidacy....
===
What crossed my mind, was whither, f'r  instance, the Motown drummers (Purdie
and...um...) and Hal Blaine and...um...but how many other Motown-ites are in
there ?

Isaac Hayes, in addition to numerous variations on "Theme from Shaft" by
others in the ensuing years, (that sound was a genre in its own right!) had
been putting out LP's w/ 18-minute versions of "By the time I get to
Phoenix"...does that get him into this "hall of fame"?

Is Roxy Music in there? I dunno, I'm asking you.
Are the Byrds in there?
...And if the Velvet Underground isnt there....
=====
Well, guys and gals, time for me to blow this clambake. I have far more
serious concerns these days, known to  others with whom I've corresponded
away from here.

I'll hang around for a few days, lurking, but I must be on my way. See yiz
next month, maybe.

"<>"
L'menexe
(Who saw both Yes (74) _and_ the Dead Boys (79?) play, so nyah nyah nyah.)