HW: EMI jewel-case remasters

Dave Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Wed Feb 6 07:52:15 EST 2002

Jon asked:

>I dsicovered recently that my girlfirend had acquired herself a
>copy of the jewel-case version of _Space Ritual_ because it had been going
>for six quid in a shop near her. This is of course bad news in itself if
>like me you paid four times that for the digi-pak. but there's more. i
>inspected it to see how they'd laid out the booklet, and discovered that
>the answer was, very badly, by which I mean that the Moorcock story
>section was paginated out of order and indeed as far as I could tell there
>were two pages entirely missing. Is this usual, or was this one
>remaindered because its booklet was messed up? If the latter, I fear Mike
>Coleman may have to double-up his copy... Perhaps some of the people with
>jewel-case versions wouldn't mind seeing if the sentences in their
>booklets actually continue across the pages intelligibly?

My copy also has the pages out of sequence. I too paid £5.99 & that seems to
be a fairly common retail price for the jewel-case remasters (bar 1999
Party), so I doubt that it was reduced due to the booklet fiasco. Bargain
price for great-sounding classic Hawkwind, though. And if it's any
consolation (which, of course, it won't be!), I too paid 4x for the
digi-pak.

Dave