HW:Lyrics Question

XXX boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Wed Feb 6 15:19:46 EST 2002

Hi,

Yes Festivals refers a lot to the Brighton incident in 1990. There was also
lots of other stuff going on at the time which successfully put paid to what
was left of the free festival scene. It was me who wrote the lyrics of
Festivals it was originally a poem on the back of  the Palace Springs album.
It was written as a release of emotions as the whole thing was very hard to
cope with at the time. Dave found the poem and stuck it on the album.
The full story will be told in part 2 of  "Do Not Panic" which is underway
as we speak........... :-)

Best wishes

Kris

----- Original Message -----
From: mark von bargen <mark.von-bargen at GENIEONE.CO.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:32 PM
Subject: HW:Lyrics Question

Hi,

Been a fan for more than 25 years now and there is now more that I don't
know about this band than i ever knew in the first place.

One question bugs me. Anybody know the story behind the words to FESTIVAL
from the Alien4 album. If I remember correctly they were also printed on the
cover of a previous album?! Its not as if theyr'e a bunch of words that were
just thrown together. There must be a story and I get the gist that its
something to do with hassles on the festival scene. Anybody know any more?

Mark