OFF: Farflung

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Feb 7 15:18:46 EST 2002

Chuck said...

>Tommy G e-mailed and said there are two FF discs coming out:
>
>1.When Science Fails, a "soundtrack", will be released "this week"
>(Falcata-Galia, I assume)

I heard from Tommy as well, and I hope he doesn't mind me passing this along.

WSF is a concept record which was intended and is also used as a soundtrack.
A german movie, [under wraps] used most of it.  More on that later.  This
album may therefore be a little different and more ambient than other 'flung
albums but this was the intention.  We wanted to do a purely improvised LP
from the heart to compliment certain images and moods. We are very happy to
have achieved that, and thanks to Falcatta/Transparency, we are constantly
trying and challenging space musics boundaries and attempting to explore
more uncharted regions of our minds.

>2.Prototype of a Traveller, on Brainticket, "in two months time", the
>"space-rock album"... (Myth of Solid Ground??)

Tommy says...
It is yet to be titled, but will feature a compendulum [sic] of old and new
unreleased recordings ect.  This is a space slammer for the diehards, and we
think its the best yet [along with Science of course].

Sounds like it might be a mixture of material from Myth with perhaps some
other things we haven't heard?  I can only guess.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  He also mentions touring Europe in June with the Earthlings, who are a
relation of the Kyuss/Fu Manchu/Desert Sessions community.  A more
adventurous entity than the usual stoner rock outfit though.  I quite like them.

P.P.S.  Rudy (Falcata-Galia) tells me that the WSF discs came in this past
weekend (and he thinks they came out great), so I imagine that we should
start to see them come down the pipeline shortly.  He's still hoping to get
that Borders distribution thing going, which would hopefully mean that
they'd go into the Amazon.com system, since I notice that Borders' web
address goes directly to them.