HW: EMI jewel-case remasters

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Feb 7 22:02:08 EST 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:51:40 -0000, ANDREW GARIBALDI
<andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:
>Bizarrely enough all these cheap copies of the EMI jewel case remasters are
>either imports (long story)

... any chance of the full story when you get the chance?

>or chains taking advnatage of substantial EMI
>bulk discounts - either way, the customer wins...............

Neither of these explains why they're so cheap (around $12-$13 - same as
domestic CD's) in the USA (where they're NOT manufactured), even from
(larger, such as Amoeba) independent stores that presumably wouldn't be
getting EMI bulk discounts.  Needless to say, I'm not complaining!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com