OFF: Spacemen3

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Feb 8 20:57:38 EST 2002

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 01:44:02 +0000, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:
>>****    1990  Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To
>
>This I think was a comp which collects together some early EPs etc.
>There's the full 30 minute version of "Rollercoaster" but the track that
>really makes this worth having is their cover of the MC5's cover of Sun
>Ra's "Starship" (if you follow me).

I only have the original vinyl version, which doesn't contain the two early
EP's (perhaps they're bonus tracks on the CD?).  I definitely misspoke when
I said that this list contained all the essential S3, because those first
two EP's are some of their best stuff.  I have a bootleg CD that compiles
them, so I'm not sure if they ever came out officially on CD (and the
original vinyl was impossible to track down, even in my most rabidly
kollekting daze).  I'd forgotten about how good that version of "Starship"
is ...

Everything else Nick says is 100% spot on!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com