OFF: Spacemen3

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Feb 8 21:17:28 EST 2002

In message <200202090157.UAA28531 at listserv.spc.edu>, Doug
Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> writes
>On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 01:44:02 +0000, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.
>CO.UK>
>wrote:
>>>****    1990  Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To
>>
>>This I think was a comp which collects together some early EPs etc.
>>There's the full 30 minute version of "Rollercoaster" but the track that
>>really makes this worth having is their cover of the MC5's cover of Sun
>>Ra's "Starship" (if you follow me).
>
>I only have the original vinyl version, which doesn't contain the two early
>EP's (perhaps they're bonus tracks on the CD?).  I definitely misspoke when
>I said that this list contained all the essential S3, because those first
>two EP's are some of their best stuff.  I have a bootleg CD that compiles
>them, so I'm not sure if they ever came out officially on CD

Since sending that last mail it's occurred to me that the comp I have them
on may have a different title to the above, but with my CD collection in
its usual disarray, I can't find it to check. It's definitely an official
release, though it was a posthumous one.
--
Nick Medford