OFF: Djam Karet

Jerry Guizar jguizar at STNY.RR.COM
Fri Feb 8 21:31:14 EST 2002

From: "DRider" <Hawkwind at MEDIAONE.NET>

> While I really like "New Dark Age" and "Ascension", I totally love the
> "Still No Commercial Potential". It's the best of the 3 by far IMHO. It's
70
> minutes of pure Djam Karet improvisation at it's best. The songs have no
> titles. It's just a release of a jam session.

1) No Vacancy At The Hotel Of Noise       7:04
2) Twilight In Lonely Lands                          7:10
3) Room 24, Around Noon                          8:41
4) The Black Line                                       10:01
5) Night, But No Darkness                          8:09
6) Strange Wine From A Twisted Fruit    28:51

> So if you like Djam Karet and you don't have "Still No Commercial
> Potential", I strongly recommend it! In fact, you can order their releases
> directly from their website. Mine came directly from Gayle just 2 days
after
> placing my order. Very cool!

   I bought everything but Collaborator and the mp3.com CD (autographed
Still No Commercial Potential). Gayle threw in a free CD because of the
size of my order. I'll have to check out their side projects now (The Maskit
Chamber and Hybrid Vigor).

Jerry