OFF Re: Browsers are a big pile of **** ...the solution.

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Sat Feb 9 09:05:00 EST 2002

Hi ya,

Ketil Svendsen wrote:

> Download Opera at http://www.opera.com
> Install the little file, no need to restart (your mac, linux or even pc), smile and surf the web faster than ever before!

I did:-(

As you might now know I am linux!

Well it started up OK!   Now I don't like things that take up all my
screen, and opera is one of those browsers that displays big menus and
folders and other stuff I don't want to see when I'm browsing.  Some
might like that sort of behavior and maybe you can customise it.  No
matter, maybe its useful...

It does not help my confidence when I right click my mouse on a page...
Nothing happens, then I release the button (being careful not to move
the mouse!) and a menu briefly flashes on the screen...  Hmmm...   Thats
not much use...

What makes opera truly useless to man and beast though is the fact that
it goes into a fit when it sees:

And renders everything in a Greek font.....    I go into preferences and
start changing default fonts and stuff...  The only page in preferences
that looks like it might help has something to the effect "This is not
yet implemented"  in nice friendly letters on the top;-{

Also opera seems a lot slower than Netscape 4.n here.

Sorry, I got to agree with Richard as far as opera is concerned...  Its
not yet ready!

Chris
--
There are people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the
truth without lying.