OFF: Man In Space etc.

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Feb 10 03:42:41 EST 2002

Chris asked...

>Hi, I just picked up a few new items of interest:
>Anyone else have this stuff?

>Man In Space - How To Potty Train a Supernova

Yes. Nice.

>Space Head - Explode Into Space

Not yet.  Jerry just got 'em I think...plan to get one from him.

>DarXtar - Tombola .

Yes. Very nice.

>Porcupine Tree - 40 minute version of Moonloop

No.  I got the offer (only for those past and present PT-TRANS subscribers,
so it's the analogue of the passport holder releases), but I didn't feel
like calling overseas to then pay for something that's similar to what I
already have.  And SW is starting to piss me off with all this ridiculous
discography hijinks.  I mean, really, PT's discography has now more
artificial enhancement than Cher and Britney Spears combined!  Bass
Communion II (a fine album) is to be reissued with a different bonus disc
than the first time.  WHY?!  Now that he's being payed by Atlantic Records,
he should start putting a halt to this crap...I give him credit for making a
living as a musician, but it seems he's been trying to do just a little too
much kompletist extortion lately.  Time for him to call off the dogs, so to
speak.

>I also got Metanoia on CD, but I already had it on cdr and vinyl.

I have it dubbed on cassette tape.  Didn't buy the stupid LP, 'cause I knew
he was lying when he said no CD was planned.  :)

Grakkl (FAA), not really bitter as long as he keeps doing nice things like
IEM-Arcadia Son even if he does more terrible crap like Dimbulb Sun and
Recordings.

Note to CR:  it was fun to hear proto-PT stuff!  Thanks for that.