Who wants to be a millionaire/Moorcock

Wright, Mike wrightm at BRE.CO.UK
Mon Feb 11 06:28:07 EST 2002

>>On Saturday, the Today Programme on radio 4, had a message
>>from Mike Moorcock, obscurely slagging of the English and Cooking,
>>saying they should be barred from cooking alltogether
>
> Surely not including the lovely Nigella?

Radio 4 Today programme 09/02/2002

Letters 8:27 a.m.

John Humphries:

"Can girls boil an egg? Should girl's be able to boil an egg? That was the
pressing question we asked on Thursday's programme. According to latest
research many of them can't.

"Good" says the writer Michael Moorcock. "Anything which stops most English
people cooking has to be good. Okay, the restaurants have improved, the
posher classes have Nigella Lawson, but I bet you haven't had Sunday lunch
in Telford recently."

Mr Moorcock, incidentally, was writing from Austin in Texas which he
describes as being "...no bloody better."

Anorak trabscript ends

mike w

Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be
contained in this e-mail.  The information and material is intended for the
use of the intended addressee only.  If you are not the intended addressee
you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised
manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you receive this
e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and
destroy all copies. Thank you.