HW: Not Of This Earth

Tony Wilson twilson at GMX.CO.UK
Mon Feb 11 12:06:03 EST 2002

> > I saw this item; Not Of This Earth-The Scifi Project. Anyone more
> > information? Is it Black Widow release?
>
>    Not sure what label, but I want it. According to the last supplement
> I got from AndyG - the tracks had to be inspired by, or relate to the
> artists favorite Sci-Fi TV program or film. There's 39 bands, ones
> he lists are Hawkwind, Alan Davey, ST37, Dr Hasbeen, Quarkspace,
> and Krel. It's either 3CD's or 4LP's.

This topic has recently been discussed on the Mr Quimby's Beard Discussion
Group
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrquimbysbeard/
The outcome of which would appear to be that......
 It is going to be a Black Widow release (planned for April)
Each bands recorded a unreleased track about a cult SF movie , for example:
Mr Quimby's Beard - Quatermass and the pit
Candlemass-Planet of the Apes
A.Davey-Forbidden planet
Ars Nova(Japan)-War of the worlds
Eternal Elysium(Japan)-Godzilla
PXR1(UK)-The day the earth stood still
Hawkwind-When two worlds collide
Krel-2001 Odyssey
and so on...
Other bands mentioned were;

 Sun Dial, Pete Pavli, Adrian Shaw, Kirlian Kamera,
Malombra, Standarte, Versailles,  Paul Chain, Count Raven,
Architectural Metaphor......

I hope this helps.
Tony Wilson