HW: Fantasy Line up Alert

Tony Wilson twilson at GMX.CO.UK
Tue Feb 12 22:25:05 EST 2002

I've been thinking about this postponed !! Copenhagen Spacerock Festival,
which looked more like a prog-rock festival to me, (which doesn't
necessarily make it any less of an event, of course), and I was wondering
why there isn't a one day British SPACEROCK festival ??? I know they have
Strange Daze in the USA, why not have one here in the UK ???
Anyway........... If there was a one day spacerock festival in the UK (or
anywhere really) and you could pick the line up, of lets say 5 bands (which
are still around today preferably), who would you pick????
My choices would be:
Hawkwind, (of course).
The Ozric Tentacles, (pure energy live).
Mr Quimby's Beard (awesome at the Forum Xmas party)
Farflung, (still my favourite US band, and in Europe this summer
apparently).
and Weltraumstaunen, (a young, but very good German band).

I must admit that was harder than I first thought as there was so many to
chose from.......

Feel free to flame my choices, but please keep in mind that I'm only trying
to liven this list up again.

Tony Wilson