OFF: Terrastock 5

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Wed Feb 13 15:50:21 EST 2002

Theo wrote:

>> TERRASTOCK 5 - INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL COMING TO BOSTON AREA
>
> Wish I was going!  Maybe I can console myself by going to the
> SAMMY award show here in Syr.  DAMN, I missed it!  Had I gone, I
> could have heard your namesake and BÖC collaborator [gawd it
> hurts typing that] Rob Halligan, backed by his current group, Ceili
> Rain, billed as a Celtic-rock band!  Must be the ever-flexible Rob
> figured to hop aboard the Riverdance bandwagon?

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. My e-mail's been on the fritz. Yeah, Rob's
had Ceili Rain (one of the album covers has a nod to Skynyrd. It says
"Pronounced Kay-Lee") for a while now. They're not only on the Celtic
bandwagon, they're on the Nashville bandwagon too. He moved the band down
there a few years ago.

> Anyone good playing in Roch these days?

Gov't Mule is playing here next Friday at the Water Street Music Hall. Bardo
Pond plays The Bug Jar March. 26. Unfortunately, I'll be in NYC with my
girlfriend while The Mule is kicking Rochester.

> I was in town a few
> weeks ago at the House of Guitars buying myself a birthday present

Happy Birthday!

Brian