OFF: Spacemen3

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIEONE.CO.UK
Sat Feb 16 12:58:46 EST 2002

Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 22:15:56 -0500, Stephan Forstner
<stemfors at PIPELINE.COM>
> wrote:
> >> The story of how Loop and Spacemen 3 "relate" is very funny ...
> >
> >Do tell us please!
>
> The gist of the story, ***according to Pete (Sonic Boom) Kember*** is that
> Robert Hanson (Hampton? I forget his last name) of Loop used to go to all
> the early Spacemen 3 shows and ask them about what bands he should listen
> to.  He basically accuses Loop of being 100% Spacemen 3 ripoff (I think
> there's *some* truth to that, but nowhere near 100%!).

Sonic Boom - more like Sonic Bigmouth, Sonic Bighead, Sonic Serious Attitude
Problem.
He probably hated HW coz it was the right thing to do, the serious
'right-on' artist that he is.
He may be talented but is like the footballer that all his team mates hate.

Mark