Offish: CDR clicks at track points

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Feb 16 14:55:45 EST 2002

Hi all,

OK, it's not directly Hawkwind so apologies in advance for that (although it
is a Hawkwind concert tape that I am burning) but some of you may have come
across this before and know the fix.

I am using an app called Sonar to process WAVs and splitting these up prior
to burning onto CD. The problem I am getting is that there is a slight click
at each track point on the completed CD.

When the audio is played across the split point within Sonar there is no
click. However, on the final CD, if I jump straight to a track, there is no
click but if I rewind slightly and play the last few seconds of the previous
track, it clicks at the track marker point.

I am using either Nero 5.5 or Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0 to burn the CDs and always
burn at a slow speed using Disc At Once with no track lead-ins. The clicking
problem happens with both Nero and Prassi.

I have wasted far too many CDRs trying to fix this problem. Does anyone know
what is causing it and how to fix it?

I'll be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

Many thanks,

Mark