OFF: Mixing It

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Sun Feb 17 07:59:46 EST 2002

Hi ya,

If you are not in the UK don't despair...  All this is (or will be) on
the BBC's web site together with RealTime videos of past performances.

I guess not too many people on the disscussion are regular Radio Three
listeneers;-)
So maybe you don't know about Mixing It.

Mixing It airs 11:00pm - 12:00 Sunday nights and concists of live
experimental/electronic music.  If you want weird its here!  Not just
weird but good live improvisation, past programs have even included Jah
Wobble (also on the bbc web site)

Tonight seems to be mainly provided by Icelandic freaks:

    Sunday 17 February 2002, 11pm

 Recorded at Ocean 2, Hackney, London,
 Monday 11 February 2002

 Curver
 Curver is the alias of Birgir Vrn Thoroddsen, record producer, DJ and
performance artist from Reykjavik

 Music details:
 The Hackney Suite: A piece improvised on 3 turntables and 2 CD players,
incorporating extracts from the following tracks...

 Nic Endo White Heat
 (Digital Hardcore Recordings DHR 22)

 Process Untitled
 (FatCat Records  12 FAT 021)

 Foreigner I Want to Know What Love Is

 The Techniques Drink Wine

Volcano the Bear
Aaron Moore (drums/trumpet/bagpipes/harmonica/vocals/percussion)
Nick Mott (saxophone/violin/vocals/percussion)
Daniel Padden (piano/clarinet/vocals/percussion)
Laurence Coleman (loops/tapes/samples).

Music details:
Hairy Queen, Arc Felt, Tallest Peoplein the World
Volcano the Bear's latest album is
Five Hundred Boy Piano
(United Dairies UD500 CD)

Minus
Krummi Bjorgvins (vocals)/Frosti Logason (guitar)/Bjarni Sigurdarson
(guitar)/Ivar Snorrason (bass)/Bjossi Stefansson (drums)/Curver
(electronics)

Music details:
Electra Complex/Ambience of Hilarity/I Go Vertigo/Mispo/Peccadillo

 Electra Complex, Mispo and Peccadillo feature on the Manus album Jesus
Christ Bobby
 (Smekkleysa/Bad Taste SM 88 CD)

Chris
--
How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers.