HW: Full Hawkestra set available for trade

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Feb 18 10:16:16 EST 2002

Mark Edmonds writes:

> Now I'm getting confused.  Surely the purpose of a trade is a two way
> exchange? If the person being traded with hasn't got any music for
> exchange (and I'd much rather trade for new shows) then they provide
> blanks instead? Otherwise, you end up burning all the discs, packaging
> them up and taking them down the post office for nothing in return.
> That isn't trading, that's a free CD duplication service.  Also, for a
> couple of trades I have offered recently on this list (not Hawkestra
> incidentally), I have spent weeks of my time tidying and improving the
> sound quality of the original sources (and this has included buying
> expensive software).  Surely it isn't reasonable to expect something
> simple like a blank disc in return for that?

Don't go here. It's a *religious* argument for some of the folks on
neo-quark and asking for two blanks in trade is regarded as some form of
usury. For the enlightened, the mere act of spreading the neo-quark
creed is reward in itself. For us unenlightened capitalist running dogs,
we must satisfy ourselves with the lowly pleasures of The Extra Blank.

FoFP