HW: Yule Ritual - bass guitar - Yikes!

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Feb 18 14:52:24 EST 2002

Just listening to Yule Ritual for the first time. Seems like a pretty good
gig so far (excellent Space is Deep) but what is that new instrument I am
hearing? Is it some prototype infra-sonic bass guitar? I certainly didn't
know my headphones could deal with negative Hz! Seriously though, for the
most part I have difficulty telling the bass guitar from a synth. Hey, High
Rise has just started - fantastic! (A friend of mine once commented High
Rise proves there is a God).

Anyway, rambling aside, I am just wondering if this nuclear bass guitar
sound is accurate or a studio enhancement? How do audience tapes sound in
comparison? (I expect the molecular structure of most conventional magnetic
mediums would be shattered by this noise!).

Mark