OFF: Sweet drummer dies

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 19 06:50:59 EST 2002

Doug Pearson writes:

> That's too bad.  Mick Tucker was a talented guy - a powerful drummer who
> could simultaneously vocalise in the band's four-part harmonies (he wrote
> many of their lyrics once they started writing their own songs).  He was
> also responsible for some cool psychedelic production on songs like "I
> wanna be committed" and "Into the night" - vocoders and backwards gongs and
> the like.  Talk about a band that had bad luck after their bout with fame
> (lead singer Brian Connoly died a few years ago of some sort of post-
> massive-stroke(s) trauma) ...

Liver failure got him in the end didn't it? I saw a TV reprise of Glam
Rock with him interviewed, and he looked at death's door. He died during
produ7ction of the show.

I was a Sweet fan as a nipper though. What wopuld be the best albums to
get for:

A) The hits from Alexander Graham Bell through Fox on the Run and

B) The stuff they wrote.

FoFP

P.S: I also have a komplete Chicory Tip kollection ;-)