OFF: Ozzy Osbourne launches own TV show

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Feb 19 06:51:31 EST 2002

On 19 Feb 2002, at 12:39, M Holmes wrote:

> Ted Jackson writes:
>
> > On 19 Feb 2002, at 0:48, Dan Witt wrote:
> >
> > > Ozzy will do anything for a buck nowadays.  He has lost all
> > > credibility. Also he is feeble and probably an ass.
> > >
> > He's definitely an ass, but he's a riot to listen to.
>
> He was priceless on some interview I saw him on around a year ago.

He comes on Howard stern's show on a regular basis.  He's funny
as hell.  Often has his kids come on the show with him.  Don't know
how good the show is, 'cause Ozzy's family sounds pretty 'normal'
to me...

> I dunno what's expected anyway. He's just a Brummie that lucked out
> into the right band at the right time, made a fortune and spent it all
> drinking.

Not close to having spent it all.  Ozzy's loaded!  Remember, he
'owns' Ozzfest, and all it's marketing.  He's one of the richest rock
stars on the planet, thanks to his shrewd manager/wife Sharon...

 He's not the leader of some philosophical movement, he's in
> the entertainment business. If the latest for of entertainment is to
> watch him row with teenage daughters then he's as entitled to have at
> it than any. Quite what "credibility" he might lose by this escapes
> me.

If the likes of Mariah Carey and Britney Spears can make movies,
what harm will an Ozzy TV show do?

theo