Offish: CDR clicks at track points

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Feb 19 16:04:22 EST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:06:34 -0500, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Mark Edmonds wrote:
>
>=> I am using an app called Sonar to process WAVs and splitting these up
>=> prior to burning onto CD. The problem I am getting is that there is a
>=> slight click at each track point on the completed CD.
>
>You are not splitting the WAVs on CD sector boundaries (2352 bytes/588
>stereo samples)...

(... which is the equivalent of 75 sectors, or frames, per second).

FWIW, I use Goldenhawk's (cool name, huh? ;^)) CDRWIN, which works much
better than the Adaptec software for me:
http://www.goldenhawk.com/
... one nice thing about the software is that you don't have to split a
files in order to get multiple cuepoints for dividing it into several
tracks on the burned CD; you can specify the cuepoints (including pregaps
and track lead-ins) in a text-file playlist.

... and Syntrillium's Cool Edit 2000 for
editing/processing/splitting/merging/etc.:
http://www.syntrillium.com/

YMMV etc.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com