OFF: Reason to celebrate?

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Feb 20 13:51:01 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 04:49:27PM -0000, Kevin Perry wrote:
> 10:01 10/01 1001

Works in both Europe and N.A., but on different days.  The MM/DD
vs. DD/MM thing...

> 21:12 21/12 2112 (except in the US of course :-))

I sure hope N.A. will be on 24-hour time by then.  (Maybe the
U.S. will even have gone Metric, and U.K. will have finished
switching over.)

But this one'll happen on a different day too, according to the
Orthodox church.  I bet they'll *still* be on the Julian calendar
in another century.

> 11:11 11/11 1111

This is the only one that's universal and unambiguous -- besides
being the coolest, with only one digit...  And it even happened
during Hildegard of Bingen's lifetime (not that anyone else here
will care ;-)

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
One ring to rule the mall.