Hawkwind petition - Warrior on the edge of Time

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Wed Feb 20 16:09:15 EST 2002

> The UK Dojo CD release was mastered from the vinyl (got a copy for sale if
> anyone wants one), and the Griffin release, I understood, was from a
second
> set of masters held by ATCO in the USA, possibly due to the inability of
EMI
> to find the original UK Masters for the album(is this the reason why there
> was no release with the other Remasters in 1996?)
>
> EMI did such a beautiful job of remastering those albums, it would be a
> shame if they didn't do Warrior eventually, I imagine it would sell
> bucketloads.

Some years ago (pre-EMI remasters), when asked in an interview why the
Warrior material wasn't included on the EMI Masters of the Universe comp,
the reply from Dave, I think, was that the album was 'out of contract'.  Not
sure quite what this meant, but if the band had signed a contract with
UA/Liberty for 5 albums that take take them up to Hall Of The Mountain
Grill.  It may be that Warrior was recorded under a separate contract?
Dunno, just speculating with that.

Nick