(off) Anubian Lights, other Space/Psyche-oriented Music

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 4 00:20:17 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/2/02 10:33:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
deltawave at METRONET.COM writes:

> must be nice being intelligent enough to even find a CD in your collection

...barely....(am I...)

>  when you want to hear it much less be employed enough to afford it

I don't really...still got dad's credit card...

>or to be
>  mentally stable enough to enjoy it all or to have knowledge of what to
>  buy.....

...to enjoy it all...I wish...it's partly just an addiction and actual
enjoyment is sadly a rare thing...sick, I know...

>  the very few of those things I do own I probably couldn't find fast enough
>  to enjoy....such as the Vocokesh....seem to remember I have that one on a
>  pizza-like vinyl.....somewhere over the rainbow in yesterdays happiness..

To Andy G as well: Spin off of F/i (via Richard Franecki). The
"Ispepnairbara" re-issue (on Lexicon Devil) is highly recommended. Some
stellar pscydedelic space-rock, this, recommended to those who like Hawkwind
and Bevis Frond (what, here??)...

Kopecky are actually out of Milwaukee, as well... More of a prog-metal
outfit, heavy and melodic at once, though w/some very spacey and psychey
moments...

>  think I'll go put a Kid Rock CD on (mentions this as it's obviously
>  off-topic, mass produced, and mostly despised) and contemplate suicide-
>  but not before I revisit "Someday Blues" by Trower
>
>  cheers

nothing wrong w/that. I listen to mainstream stuff, too, as do many (if not
most) list-members...just don't see as much purpose brining it up it here, as
commentary is easier to find elsewhere... (though BOC-L commentary on
_anything_ is usually worth reading...)

Chuck