OFF: Cardiacs/Bic Question...

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Jan 6 02:36:40 EST 2002

Hi Folks...

I know there are some Cardiacs' fans here, and as a big Levitation and dark
star (one of MANY) fan (two other bands that Christian "Bic" Hayes has
played with more recently), I'm interested in taking an aural peek at them
also.  I've recently seen a Cardiacs compilation on Ebay which I couldn't
easily bid on as the guy only accepted payment in sterling.

Anyway, I was just curious if this compilation was a good sampling of their
material.  Oddly enough it's called "Sampler."  :)

Tracks are:
(1) Is This The Life
(2) Angleworm the Angel
(3) Burn Your House Brown
(4) Goodbye Grace
(5) Piffol Four Times
(6) Two Bites Of Cherry (live)
(7) Tarred and Feathered (live)
(8) Blind in Safety and Leafy in Love
(9) Big Ship (live)
(10) Veronica in Ecstacy
(11) Christ Alive
(12) The Everso Closely Guarded Line
(13) To Go Off and Things

If not, or anyway, can someone do just a brief runthough of the Cardiacs
career for me - changes in style, personnel, top albums, live albums, still
going?,  whatever's important for the newbie?  Thanks for that.

Also, what's up with dark star (Hayes and two other ex-Levitation mates)?
Are they still together?  I wonder, 'cause I've seen mention of another band
called Mikrokosmos that has an album coming out shortly (if not already) on
a label called "ALL MY EYE AND BETTY MARTIN MUSIC."  I'd be interested in
any thoughts on this album (if anyone's heard it), and where it might be
available.

Thanks much!!!

Grakkl (FAA)