OFF: Cardiacs/Bic Question...

Bill Barwick bill.barwick at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Jan 6 12:02:21 EST 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:36:40 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:

>Hi Folks...
>
>I know there are some Cardiacs' fans here, and as a big Levitation and dark
>star (one of MANY) fan (two other bands that Christian "Bic" Hayes has
>played with more recently), I'm interested in taking an aural peek at them
>also.  I've recently seen a Cardiacs compilation on Ebay which I couldn't
>easily bid on as the guy only accepted payment in sterling.
>
>Anyway, I was just curious if this compilation was a good sampling of their
>material.  Oddly enough it's called "Sampler."  :)
>
>Tracks are:
>(1) Is This The Life
>(2) Angleworm the Angel
>(3) Burn Your House Brown
>(4) Goodbye Grace
>(5) Piffol Four Times
>(6) Two Bites Of Cherry (live)
>(7) Tarred and Feathered (live)
>(8) Blind in Safety and Leafy in Love
>(9) Big Ship (live)
>(10) Veronica in Ecstacy
>(11) Christ Alive
>(12) The Everso Closely Guarded Line
>(13) To Go Off and Things
>
>If not, or anyway, can someone do just a brief runthough of the Cardiacs
>career for me - changes in style, personnel, top albums, live albums, still
>going?,  whatever's important for the newbie?  Thanks for that.
>
>Also, what's up with dark star (Hayes and two other ex-Levitation mates)?
>Are they still together?  I wonder, 'cause I've seen mention of another
band
>called Mikrokosmos that has an album coming out shortly (if not already) on
>a label called "ALL MY EYE AND BETTY MARTIN MUSIC."  I'd be interested in
>any thoughts on this album (if anyone's heard it), and where it might be
>available.
>
>Thanks much!!!
>
>Grakkl (FAA)

Sadly Dark Star (not to be confused with Darxtar) are no more, heard from
Dave Francolini the other night that they have definitely split. Bic has
his Mikrokosmos project (which is just him as far as I know) but don't know
anything about Laurence's plans although he has supposedly been seen
playing bass for Sofia when supporting Mogwai on their last tour.

Dave has a new project underway (Dragons) and is looking to gig around
Spring if poss.

Glad to see that someone else here realises how good a band they are(were).
Twenty Twenty Sound is an excellent album for those out there who haven't
heard it and it's worth trying to find all the ep's as well as the extra
tracks are all as good as those on the album.

Best,

Bill