BOC: "Nikki"

Andy Gilham email at ANDYGILHAM.COM
Tue Jan 8 06:15:37 EST 2002

Well, here's a bizarre BOC sighting.  I was channel-surfing at the weekend,
and on one channel, I think it was E4, they had this US sitcom called
"Nikki."  It seems to be about the adventures of a Las Vegas chrous girl.
Anyway, the eponymous heroine is very pretty, but the reason I watched it
for more than about two seconds was because of the dance routine she and her
colleagues were perfoming.

It was "Godzilla."  A workmanlike but faithful cover version.  The girls
were wearing what I can only describe as skimpy Godzilla outfits; there were
a couple of male dancers in King Kong suits, and a flying saucer or two as
well.  The overall effect was absurd (as it was clearly intended to be.)

Sadly the show proceeded into normal sitcom territory after that, although
the skimpy Godzilla costume did make another, welcome, appearance.

-- Andy

www.andygilham.com