OFF: virus help

Michael W Blackman Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 8 07:30:24 EST 2002

In a message dated 8/01/02 10:33:26 PM Cen. Australia Daylight Time,
fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK writes:

> Well, it looks like there's not much mucking about to do as the disk
> isn't even spinning. The virus looks to be a coincidence. Certainly
> Badtrans isn't listed for this sort of wreckage so it looks like a hard
> drive meltdown, probably helped along by the 5 CDRs I burned that night.
>
> This is when that backup thing would have been handy, right?
>
> So, any suggestions for how to get it spinning again?
>
> FoFP

I would recomend the following TECHNICAL procedures.....

Ok....

First locate and purchase (A) 5 Grams of high quality SPEED and (B) 2
athletic mice, gerbils or chipmuks.  (Chipmonks being naturally speedy would
be the ideal choice)

connect a rodent running wheel to your hard drive via gears and little gear
belts

Allow said rodents to ingest just enough speed untill their little eyeballs
look about to pop out ( not to far tho - they can't see)

place one hyper rodent into the running wheels  (saving other rodent for when
the first get tired)

dangle a piece of the rodents fave food in front of running wheel

having done all this correctly you should find you have a fully operational
hard drive again with at least a 75% increase in Hard disk RPM and the data
seek time will be exceptional....

Cheers

(( ok - I don't know ))