OFF: Cardiacs

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jan 8 18:48:49 EST 2002

In message <200201082145.QAA13962 at mail3.uts.ohio-state.edu>, K
Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> writes
>Whilst on the subject of Cardiacs:
>Tim Smith (Cardiacs' main composer/frontman/guitarist) side project
>Spratley's Japs have a couple of downloads on Mp3.com at
>http://www.mp3.com/spratleys_japs  ...'Vine' starts off as a Devo-ish
>pop tune that ends up somewhere odd and undefinable... 'Hazel' is a
>short, magical and strange somewhat classical thing that completely
>defies categorisation but I suspect a lot of people here will like...

Thanks for posting this Keith... just bagged these 2 tracks-  well worth
hearing, although they both (in different ways) sound a bit like re-writes
of the Cardiacs track "Stone Age Dinosaurs". Anyway you can get both
of these plus a track by former Cardiacs keyboard wizard William Drake
at

http://www.anyware.co.uk/japs/

which is a mightily weird site and well worth perusing.

Having been thus inspired, I did some digging around and discovered
that Cardiacs themselves are alive and kicking (it appears they played in
London just a couple of months ago) and have a site at
www.cardiacs.com

Also, if you go to http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/30/cardiacs.html
you can download quite a few of the tracks from the Sampler CD for
free. Well worth checking out!
--
Nick Medford