OFF: The dangers of Cosmic Rock

Steven Skane sskane at BIGPOND.NET.AU
Wed Jan 9 00:49:44 EST 2002

Most of this stuff is academics jockeying for funds. The old "we izz
allgonnadieunlessIgetalargerresearchgrant" trick is nothing new.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael W Blackman" <Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: OFF: The dangers of Cosmic Rock

In a message dated 9/01/02 11:39:58 AM Cen. Australia Daylight Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

> As astronomers discover more and more near-Earth asteroids, they seek a
> standardized way of alerting the public to the hazard they might pose.
Among
> programs already in place is the Spaceguard Center’s Comet and Asteroid
> Information Network, which began work Jan. 1.

Maybe they should spend some of that MARS money on an asteroid defense
system
in space?

Or will they follow current earthly accident prevention methods and wait
untill the shit hits the fan before they start to do domething about it??

probably (cynic mode)