OFF: "English / Elvish" ???

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Jan 9 17:55:45 EST 2002

>>Look up Lord of the Rings at imdb.com; ...
>I assume that most folks here already know that:
>A) the voice of one of the actors in the movie appears on a Hawkwind album
>    "I have come..."

And since they haven't appeared yet (because they're so obvious everyone
knows them?) I'll throw in some more factoids:
The actor is Ian Holm.
He is sampled on Choose Your Masques at the start of the track Dream Worker.
The sample is from a 1981 BBC radio-play of 'The Lord of the Rings'. Ooh,
nice coincidence there.
In the BBC radio broadcast Holm voiced Frodo Baggins (among others?), while
in the movie he plays Bilbo Baggins.
Holm is credited on the LP but not on the CD re-issue.
The line he speaks will be heard in the final part of the trilogy.

Stephan