OFF: Cardiacs

Moonglum . youless at LVCM.COM
Thu Jan 10 18:12:04 EST 2002

Oh well if you *insist*....

I'm playing those MP3's now, and they're definitely worth a listen.

1st track, "Is This The Life" has almost a Robert Smith (The Cure) vocal,
with the rest of the band sounding vaguely like the Psychedelic Furs: but
playing a decent song.  Imagine the Cure and the Furs stripped of their
naffness.  (I realise this is difficult...)

2nd, 3rd and 4th tracks, Angleworm Angel, Burn Your House Brown and Goodbye
Grace: immediately reminds me of Punishment of Luxury.  Fast, choppy new-
wave influences... maybe Crash Test Dummies on amphetamines for a more
contemporary reference... There's enough similarity of approach between
these 3 songs to make me think they must be representative of the Cardiacs,
and Is This The Life must be an atypical example....

Good call, Nick!

Steve