SPLITTERSSSSSSSSSS

mark von bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIE.CO.UK
Sat Jan 12 00:23:00 EST 2002

Eric,

You are spot on there. For that reason, HW could never be regarded as prog
rock - even tho' they were placed in the top 10 in that TV 'prog(!)' last
year.

Mark
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Schroeder" <Erik_Schroeder at GS.SHI.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: SPLITTERSSSSSSSSSS

Being that I am new to this list, and have never read these earlier posts
about Hawk members having less talent.....I am going to risk it by making
this statement.....
The backbone of most Hawk stuff that I have heard isn't exactly rocket
science.. It is the collective embellishments that everyone adds over the
top thats creates the Hawk sound. To me Space Rock is more about feeling
than technical knowledge. I always admired Hawkwind more than any other
"Progressive" bands for that fact....that they were Rock and Roll! That is
my problem with most "Progressive" music....If I want to listen to someone
play Scales and Arpeggios and call it music, I could just go to
rehearsal....Hawkwind played it like they meant it and still do!

Captain Mikel Anubis