OFF: Cornberg

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jan 14 02:37:34 EST 2002

>P.S.  Could somebody post the dates for the Think Progressive fests at B.
>Herzberg and K. Cornberg this year?  Andreas?  "waiting for the
>takeoff...waiting for the show..."

Ah, nevermind...

I see that Kalle finally has his s(h)ite together at http://thinkprogressive.de
with all sorts of good up-to-date information.

and there it also links to the Cornberg site here...
http://www.cornberg-festival.de/

Kloster Cornberg 2002 - July 25-28, 2002

Sunya Beat (this is Harald GroBkopf of Ashra & friends..pretty good stuff)
Groundhogs
Fairport Convention (bestätigt)
Hawkwind
Colosseum
Pretty Things
Galaxy Transport
Porcupine Tree
Living Blues (bestätigt)
Them
Arthur Brown
Neues Glas aus alten Scherben.

(Looks a lot like last year's lineup...I just hope Amon Duul II plays
somewhere this summer when I'm going to be there!)

Here's the BH lineup...a little disappointing I think (so far)...but then,
there are some names here I don't know (Jeronimo?).  LSD sounds intriguing.
But lots of blues rock...

But the coolest thing is that Morpheus has apparently reunited!  There's a
link to their webpage from Kalle's site, and although it's all in German, I
can tell that they have a new album out in March, 2002!  They only did one
album back in the early 70s, Rabenteuer, which is on Garden of Delights now.
Not surprisingly, you can get it from aural-innovations.com (Jerry).
Anyway, anyone who likes the first few Kraan albums (psych-prog-jazzrock
mixture) should really like them.  Cool news.  Anyone's Daughter is ok
too...more sympho-neo-proggish stuff.  Glenn Hughes was cool on Trapeze's
"Medusa" album, but I don't really care for anything else he did...w/ Deep
Purple etc.

Burg Herzberg 2002 - July 18-21, 2002

Mick Taylor (bestätigt)
Glenn Hughes (bestätigt)
Mila Mar (bestätigt)
Jeronimo (Re-Union, bestätigt)
LSD (bestätigt)
Calvin Russel (bestätigt)
Alex Oriental Experience (bestätigt)
Paul Rodgers
Roger McGuinn
Klaus Renft Combo (bestätigt)
The Blues Band
Golden Earring
Mountain (bestätigt)
Morpheus (bestätigt)
Anyones Daughter (bestätigt)

(bestätigt) presumably means unconfirmed or something similar...

Grakkl (FAA)