HW: Damned by the curse of Damned

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Jan 20 15:18:35 EST 2002

Ooh!  Ooh!  I wanna play, too!  (Just as you feared ...)

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 06:06:36 +0000, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:
>In message <20020120011659.A7825 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
>Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> writes
>>
>>Link the following to Hawkwind (playing either the shortest- or
>>lengthiest-link version, the link must have some creative input so
>>producers count but support acts don't, cover versions isn't good enough,
>>all other niggles to be settled arbitrarily by me as much as anyone... )

Since most of the easier ones were already gotten ...

>>D. Men from the Boys
>>
>>10. Tangerine Dream (to get the point you need *two* independent
>>connections)

1)
* Dave Anderson was in Amon Duül II before being in Hawkwind
* Renate Knaup was Amon Duül II's lead singer, and later sang for Popol Vuh
* Florian Fricke of Popol Vuh played on TD's 'Zeit' album (and, I believe,
sold his Moog modular to TD when Popol Vuh "went acoustic")

2)
* Brian Eno produced and/or played on Calvert's 'Capt. Lockheed' & 'Lucky
Leif' (and Paul Rudolph played on several of his solo albums)
* Brian Eno recorded two albums with Cluster
* Conrad Schnitzler played on the first two Cluster (as 'Kluster') albums
* Conrad Schnitzler played on the first Tangerine Dream album

>and for the gold star:
>
>Mike Oldfield- but you need at least three different ways...

1)
* Oldfield & Eno (see above) are both on the 'June 1, 1974' live album

2)
* Oldfield played in Kevin Ayers' band for several years
* Kevin Ayers was in the Soft Machine (and, briefly, Gong) with Daevid Allen
* Tim Blake was in Gong with Daevid Allen

3)
* Steve Broughton played drums on 'Tubular Bells'
* Victor Unitt was one of the guitarists in the Edgar Broughton Band
* Victor Unitt replaced Dick Taylor in the Pretty Things
* Dick Taylor produced (and may have played on) the first Hawkwind album
(alternatively, Steve Broughton played drums on the "Nuclear Waste" single
with Nik Turner)

>and for the gold star with the diamond inlay:
>
>Whitney Houston!

I'll have to get back to you on this one ... ;^)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com