OFF: Mick Farren, the Author

dhuggins dhuggins at HYPERNOVA.NET
Tue Jan 22 00:04:02 EST 2002

Today, whilst looking for used novels under another author, ran across a
fantasy book by Mick Farren. I assume this is the very same Mick Farren
from the Pink Fairies/Deviants fame?   Had no idea he was an author at all.

In any case, it was the novels title that caught my eye "Texts of
Festival".  Don't suppose it is pure coincidence that there is a HW
live/comp album of the same name, hehe.

Found online his (amusing) impressions of it:

"The gauche first novel. In a post apocalyptic environmental disaster
world, where the technology has
been reduced to the level of the Wild Bunch, sixties rock songs are treated
as religious texts and
character called Iggy kills a lot of people. (I was pretty young at the time.)"

And yes, I did pick it up ;)

Dave