Aural Innovations: January 2002 issue online NOW!!!

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Tue Jan 22 14:52:46 EST 2002

http://Aural-Innovations.com

The January 2002 issue of Aural Innovations: The Global Source For SpaceRock
Exploration is now online. Aural Innovations covers spacerock, psychedelia,
electronic music, plus the more eclectic forms of jazz and progressive rock.
Join us as we celebrate the beginning of our FIFTH year of publication!!!
See the index of this issue's contents below.

Announcements: It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the passing in 2001 of
Michael Karoli, Florian Fricke, and George Harrison, and we dedicate this
issue to their memory.

Don't foget that the Copenhagen Space Rock Festival is still scheduled for
March 23, 2002. The AMAZING lineup of bands will include The Spacious Mind,
DarXtar, Dark Sun, Pseudo Sun, Gas Giant, and Mantric Muse. For details you
can visit their web site at: http://www.spacerock.subnet.dk.
And look for an AI radio special in February featuring all the bands.

Sonic Detours is coming! Sonic Detours is a collective of writers and
publishers whose focus is all genres of underground and independent music.
This will be a printed publication and each issue will include a CD. Keep
your eyes peeled to http://www.sonicdetours.com for details of what is going
to be the best dang printed underground rag you've ever seen.

The January 2002 issue of Aural Innovations includes:

Ozric Tentacles (interview)
Harvey Bainbridge (interview)
Djam Karet (review/interview)
Peter Frohmader (review/interview)
Nine Days' Wonder (profile/interview)
Into The Abyss (review/interview)
Electric Orange (review/interview)
Greg Segal (review/interview)
Scattered Planets (review/interview)
Strange Daze 2001 Space Rock Festival Coverage
Tales Of The ACTION MAN: Shadow Of Motörhead
What Exactly Comes After Post-Rock? Part Three of an Audio Journey: The
Droners (article and audio)
Gnawing Medusa's Flesh: The Science Fiction Poetry Of Robert Calvert (BOOK)
US SPACEROCK: A Brief and Personal History by a Participant (Part 1 1975-2001)
Free-Improv Case Studies: Bret Hart's Duets Series
Live Recordings and Shows
Recent Releases from Submergence
Recent Releases from Beta-Lactam Ring Records
Releases from Mizmaze Records
Recent Alien Planetscapes Releases and Reissues
Recent Releases From Burning Shed/Headphone Dust
Recent Releases from Orange Entropy Records
Recent Releases from Meteor City
Recent Releases from the W.O.O. Clan
Recent Releases from Slutfish Records
Recent Releases from Cuneiform Records
Recent Releases from Jester Records
Recent Releases from Zzaj Productions
Recent Releases from Accretions
Recent Releases from Ammonite Records
Reissues from Get Back
Recent Releases from Magna Carta
And OODLES of reviews!!!

Phewwww.... you think we got enough shit in this issue?

You can go directly to the new issue at:
http://aural-innovations.com/issues/issue18/issue18.html

Don't forget to check out Aural Innovations Radio for the best sounds on the
planet.

All the above can be found by setting your vessel's controls for
http://Aural-Innovations.com