HW: Damned by the curse of Damned (Oldfield)

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jan 23 05:41:20 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:16:12 -0000, dave hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

>Mike Oldfield guested with Pierre Moerlins Gong, as did Mick Taylor
>(ex-Rolling Stone). Which leads to HW either by the Gimme Shelter cover or
>Dave's early years connections.

The other connections I had in mind were:

1. The easy one (surprised no-one's mentioned this): Viv Stanshall appears
on both Tubular Bells and Captain Lockheed.

I assumed this was the most direct link- but I didn't know Simon House had
played with Oldfield.

2. Convoluted: Jon Anderson of Yes appears on Oldfield's "Crises" album,
Anderson was in Yes with Bill Bruford, from whom you can link to HW via
either Fripp, Genesis, or Roy Harper.